Brendle Group Careers
Brendle Group is a close-knit but strategically growing company. We recognize the rapidly evolving nature of our industry and believe our special brand of technical expertise, client service, and agility help us meet the needs of our diverse client base. We’re passionate about sustainability and foster an environment in which our employees can thrive, pursue their interests, and grow personally and professionally.
Brendle Group seeks a mid-career Energy Engineer to join the team in our Fort Collins or Denver office. We hire strongly from our professional network and believe in finding the right person first, then remaining flexible in accomplishing individual professional development goals and company priorities together. Each of our team members has breadth across a range of sustainability practice areas, with one to two deeper core competencies. Our clients in energy include electric and water utilities, local government, airports, higher education institutions, school districts, ski areas, and real estate developers. Our energy services are delivered at various scales (e.g., community, district, campus, portfolio, buildings) covering the full project life cycle from idea to implementation. Our energy services are highly integrated with our climate and water practice areas and are often driven by aggressive Net Zero or regenerative goals.
We are looking for a candidate who understands building systems and energy management; has worked with both electricity and natural gas utilities; is passionate about sustainable energy; and possesses the professional integrity, maturity, agility, and decision-making needed to drive results. The ideal candidate comes from a consulting background; is familiar with the relationship between energy, water and climate change; is interested in applying engineering skills to sustainability more broadly; and will be able to quickly integrate into the Brendle Group team, providing technical contributions and business development support. All positions at Brendle Group are structured for professional growth and leadership potential within the company, based on performance.
- Provides energy-related technical expertise to project execution – targeting implementation, replication, and bringing program impacts to scale for utilities and communities.
- Experience with ASHRAE level 1 and 2 energy audits; identifies, analyzes, and quantifies energy-saving opportunities; estimates opportunity and life-cycle costs, including related maintenance costs; and conducts M&V of implemented projects.
- Gathers and documents site energy performance information, including utility data and facility operations and management processes.
- Performs detailed engineering assessments, including efficiency and/or renewable energy feasibility analyses, that include estimated savings and installation costs.
- Works effectively with energy and water utility staff to gather relevant data for analyses and is familiar with utility demand-side management programs.
- Effectively manages multiple projects in collaboration with clients, staff project managers, and other staff.
- Ensures exceptional quality service delivery from development to quality assurance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Self-motivated, ambitious, innovative team player with a passion for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical engineering degree from a 4-year accredited university or college
- Experience: 5-15 years of direct experience related to energy, energy efficiency, renewables, utility engineering, and/or energy management
- Previous experience in or exposure to the consulting industry
- Demonstrated project management success
- High caliber of decision quality and problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of PC-based software applications, especially Microsoft Excel®
- Good time management skills with the ability to stay organized and use resources efficiently
- Strong written and verbal communication, excellent meeting facilitation and leadership skills
Additional relevant professional certification(s) or skills commensurate with career path to date, such as but not limited to the following examples:
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- Data analytics, database management, data quality
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Building Energy Management Professional (BEMP) or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP), trained facilitator, and/or other related project management and professional training
- LEEDTM, ENVISION, or similar accredited professional
- Other sustainability-related licenses and certifications
- Entrepreneurial attitude and creative thinker
- Adaptable and flexible to changes in deadlines and work focus
- Strong focus on client service through a pragmatic and commonsense approach to client needs
- Strong accountability for effectively managing the time and resources needed to deliver quality outcomes
- Willingness to seek and provide feedback
Salary and Benefits
Brendle Group offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Employer-paid health, dental, and disability insurance
- SIMPLE retirement plan with employer match
- Flex-time and telecommuting options
- Incentives for high performance
Position based in Fort Collins, CO or Denver CO.
How to Apply
This position will remain open until March 27, 2019. Screening interviews will take place on a rolling basis starting immediately and finishing in late March. Onsite interviews will occur in early April, for a late April, early May start. If interested, please forward a resume, three professional references, salary history, and how you learned about Brendle Group to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To print this description, click here.
Be part of a cutting-edge planning and engineering firm with an internship at Brendle Group. Our interns gain vital work experience through direct involvement and hands-on experience in sustainability services. Our internship program is a structured 3-month experience, designed for undergraduate or graduate students, in the areas of engineering, climate sciences, planning, or other sustainability related fields. Interns will contribute to several service areas including:
- Sustainability Planning
- Sustainable Buildings
Position functions may include:
- Data collection, integration, and processing; quality control; technical analysis; assistance with report creation
- Support in feasibility and cost-benefit analyses for a variety of innovative energy, water, waste, and other sustainability solutions
- Support in developing greenhouse gas inventories, forecasts, and plans
- Research on various topics and presentation of results
- Marketing support including content development for social media, production support for collateral, and technical writing and editing
Qualifications and Experience
- Team player with enthusiasm for sustainability topics
- Strong knowledge of PC-based software applications including Microsoft Excel®
- Strong analytical thinking and methodology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred (one or more of the following)
- Coursework and/or experience with climate science, greenhouse gas inventories, building energy (including renewables), water use and efficiency, and/or waste management systems
- Experience with databases, data analysis, and data integration
- Experience with social media management, web content management, marketing communications, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud® applications
- Adaptable to changes in deadlines and work focus
- Strong focus on customer service
- “Owns” position responsibilities and able to effectively manage time and resources
- Coordinates and communicates with other staff to efficiently utilize available resources and time
- Willing to seek feedback
- Ambitious, creative, and innovative
Specifics About Our Internship
- Expected time commitment: Full time to part-time May/June to Aug/Sept (normal office hours Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Compensation: $16/hour
- Location: Fort Collins or Denver, Colorado
How to Apply
We’re excited to review your application. Please email your cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. Please use “2019 Intern” in the subject line. Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. (MDT) March 15, 2019. However, we intend to screen candidates’ applications as we receive them and will continue to screen applications only until the position is filled.
To print this description, click here.